The event formerly known as “Capital Connections”, and now simply referred to as “Capital Lounge” will be held on the evening of May 21st, 2008, from 5:30 to 9:30pm (location made available to you once you’ve been approved to attend). This should be another fantastic event, especially as we will be infusing a new wave of angel investors that are actively participating in our AngelLounge events. We’re expecting another raucous crowd.
Attendance will be capped at 250 people. We’ve historically had a backlog of people trying to get into the event, so if you are planning to attend, it would probably be best to sign up sooner rather than later. You can check out photos from past events here.
A Minor Change to the Event
Based upon overwhelming feedback from our investor attendees, we are no longer going to set up the free table area for entrepreneur demos. While the original idea was sound, it unfortunately turned into a little bit of a “science fair” type environment. We envisioned laptops and informal demos of things, not poster boards and projectors. Not what we wanted. Entrepreneurs need to be out there shaking hands and making connections – not loitering around a “booth”. So, that’s been remedied …
New Signup Process
Important – as before, if you do not apply and RSVP, you will not be allowed entry into the event. As you know, we take some pretty extreme measures to try and preserve the integrity of this event, and only invite the most appropriate stakeholders to participate.
If you would like to attend, please be aware that there is a new process in for signing up. We recently rolled out a new version of our web site, which has a number of basic tools in place to better help us manage our events. In the past, it was necessary for you to enter in your profile each and every time we had an event – very tedious. We have implemented a basic profile system which will allow you to enter your profile in once, and then use that profile to apply for all future events.
Please read the following information carefully!
- Visit www.startuplounge.com and click the big “JOIN TODAY” button on the right-hand side of the page.
- Create your account – very quick and painless (name, email address, password)
- Once you’ve done that, log into the site using your new account, and then visit the “members” area.
- Use the “profile manager” option to create and store at least one profile. A profile simply describes your company, venture fund, etc.
- All newly entered profiles will need to be approved on our end. Assuming you meet our criteria (must be a fast-growth entrepreneur, not a service provider, a legitimate investor, etc.), we wil l approve your profile, and you will be automatically notified via email.
- Once your profile has been approved, you may then visit our event calendar and use that active profile to apply to attend any of our events.
All profile information is not published on the web site – but rather, only used to help us vet and approve attendees.
If you run into any troubles, or have questions, you can get help in one of two ways. First, we encourage you to use our new forums. Second, you may email me (last resort, please – unless you are encountering errors, can’t login, etc.).
And a special shout out to our sponsors, who help us help you:
We look forward to seeing you all at the event! Please continue to spread the word!